December 20, 2019
Pete's Holiday Bourbon Gift Guide
While I can't help you find BTAC or Pappy for anything less than a car payment, I can help you
with a few
whiskey-centric gifts that are affordable and available. Also, I like to make this list so that
people don't get you
whiskey stones. Don't get whiskey stones.
- For the whiskey loving boss you need to impress:This one always depends on the boss, but
think a bottle of
the Texas SamuRye would show you are fine, worldly employee. Great bosses deserve unfiltered,
However, if you don't want to hand your boss some booze and would rather keep it for yourself,
Oak & Bond
Barrel Aged Coffee. Delicious coffee that I guarantee they've never had.
- For the whiskey lover who has everything: Del Maguey Pechuga
Mezcal or the outstanding
products that will give the snob in your life something new to try.
- For the Bourbon Newbie: Four
Roses Small Batch Select. Priced just right and you can find
different blends in here should get them excited about Four Roses and what each recipe can do
- For the chocolate loving spouse in your life: Art Eatables is a fantastic shop
some of the
finest bourbon balls in the world. A couple dozen of these should help them forget about all
bottles that keep
showing up in the mail...
- For the Bookworm: the great Aaron Goldfarb put out a great new cocktail recipe book. Gather
wrote about the DBC in Bourbon+ a few months back and is a regular contributor to Whiskey
magazine. If you'd
rather a more traditional book: I am a huge fan of reading biographies and one worth reading is
Autobiography. Bill is a great friend of the DBC and the guy can tell a story. This book
amazing tales of
his life and shows an inside look at one of the most iconic brands in bourbon.
- A little something for yourself: Our pals at the Bourbon Pursuit podcast turned me onto
from Aged & Ore. This beauty is perfect for camping, tailgates, travel. I want one!!
about it on